"2011 TX S 944
AUTHOR: Jackson M
VERSION DATE: 03/24/2011
S.B. No. 944
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT relating to the creation of an advisory committee to make recommendations to the
commissioner of insurance regarding certain automobile insurance claims.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Subchapter G, Chapter 1952, Insurance Code, is amended by adding Section 1952.308
to read as follows:
Sec. 1952.308. ADVISORY COMMITTEE. (a) An advisory committee shall make recommendations to
the commissioner regarding:
(1) the enforcement of this subchapter;
(2) preventing and penalizing the processing of third-party claims for damage to a motor
vehicle in violation of Chapters 541 and 542;
(3) procedures, parts, or products used to repair a motor vehicle;
(4) rules and procedures related to automobile insurance claims for the costs of towing and
storing motor vehicles; and
(5) any other matter relating to automobile insurance and the repair of motor vehicles.
(b) The advisory committee is composed of nine members appointed by the commissioner as
(1) three members who represent motor vehicle repair facilities;
(2) three members who represent the public; and
(3) three members who represent the automobile insurance industry.
(c) A member of the advisory committee serves without compensation but is entitled to
reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred in attending meetings of the advisory
SECTION 2. This Act takes effect September 1, 2011."
For more information please visit ASA's legislative website at www.takingthehill.org.
* an engrossed bill is the official copy of a bill or joint resolution passed by the Senate and certified by the Secretary of the Senate.