Minnesota Careers in Automotive Repair and Service (MNCARS) recently released educational materials that equip teachers and counselors with information on today’s advanced automotive career paths that will appeal to a wide range of students.
Materials available include:
· A letter to parents highlighting opportunities in the industry
· Information on how to prepare students for financial success
· A fact sheet on automotive education options and careers
· An infographic about the automotive industry
· Presentations to introduce today’s automotive education and careers to parents or counselors along with one for counselors and teachers to present in classrooms
MNCARS’ goal is to correct misperceptions of an outdated automotive industry by providing free, easy-to-access information about today’s technology-based automotive service and collision repair careers.
“Earning an automotive education opens the door to a rewarding career as students will enjoy lifelong skills and a variety of career paths in which they can advance their knowledge and their paycheck,” said Dan Sjolseth, chair of MNCARS and owner of Superior Service Center in Apple Valley and Eagan, MN. “We want parents, teachers and school counselors to know how an education in the auto industry provides a pathway to an in-demand career that can take students all over the world and provide financial success.”
The materials are available to view and download at www.carcareers.org.