The 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division, along with the Collision Repair Education Foundation, launched its 2018 fundraiser in May with two ways to participate:
• 3M Hire our Heroes 500, extended through Sunday, August 12, and
• Show Your Support Campaign, running through August 31.
Donations help support programs attract and support military veterans seeking a career in the collision repair industry. Since 2013, the 3M Hire Our Heroes program has generated more than $1,065,500 that was used toward scholarships and tool grants for military veterans and their family members pursuing a career in the collision repair industry.
3M Hire Our Heroes 500
You can be one of 24 donors of $5,000 or more to the Collision Repair Education Foundation for the 3M Hire Our Heroes campaign, and you can drive a real stock car from the NASCAR Racing Experience in Las Vegas in the 3M Hire Our Heroes 500. Twenty-four drivers will compete against their peers for the fastest lap at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. As an additional bonus, the first 10 donors who donate $8,000 or more will drive a car wrapped in their own company branding. Donations to the 3M Hire Our Heroes 500 campaign can be made through August 12, 2018.
Show Your Support Campaign
All donations of $200 or more made to the Collision Repair Education Foundation, earmarked for the “3M Hire Our Heroes fund” made before August 30, 2018, will receive a full-size 3M Hire Our Heroes flag designed by Chip Foose and be entered into a drawing for the following prizes:
• 1st Prize- Authentic Racing Helmet, autographed by 40 Cup drivers from the 2017 season, including Dale Earnhardt Jr. and NASCAR legend Richard Petty!
• 2nd Prize- Authentic Racing Helmet, autographed by 40 Cup drivers from the 2016 season, including Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon!
• 3rd Prize- NASCAR® Racing Experience for four people at a track near you!
• 4th Prize-NASCAR® Racing Experience for four people at a track near you!
• 5th Prize- NASCAR® Racing Experience for four people at a track near you!
• 6th Prize- Petty’s Garage Sign Autographed by “the King”, Richard Petty!
• 7th Prize- Patriotic hood designed by Ryan “Ryno” Templeton!
More information about the programs, including a link to donate online, is available at http://www.collisioneducationfoundation.org/hire-our-heroes/.
Industry members interested in joining the Collision Repair Education Foundation’s roster of supporters to assist high school and post-secondary collision school programs and students should contact Director of Development Brandon Eckenrode at 847.463.5245 or Brandon.Eckenrode@ed-foundation.org.