“This course was developed for anyone in the estimating or appraisal process and is an excellent course for industry professionals who may not have significant training on advanced high-strength steel," says Jeff Peevy, I-CAR director of Field Operations, who adds that interest in damage analysis for advanced materials continues to increase as vehicle manufacturers have been using a growing number of different materials that all contribute to vehicle safety, reduced vehicle structure weight, and improved fuel efficiency.
The Advanced Material Damage Analysis (DAM08) course will help students:
- Identify advanced materials used for vehicle construction and describe their characteristics and applications
- Explain how advanced vehicle construction materials affect collision energy management
- Understand damage analysis considerations for advanced materials
- Make repair vs. replace decisions for specific advanced materials and understand general damage analysis considerations
- Describe the effects of heat and straightening on different advanced materials
- Explain advanced materials recycled parts considerations, joining methods, corrosion protection, and refinishing considerations
Registration is currently open for classes available now for Advanced Material Damage Analysis, and new classes are being added to I-CAR’s schedules daily. Information on classes scheduled in your area can be found on the I-CAR web site at www.i-car.com through the class search feature or by contacting I-CAR Customer Care at (800) 422-7872.