Twitter You Tube Facebook Autobodynews Linked In

Wednesday, 30 April 2014 23:25

Milford, IN, Body Shop Fire Claims Owner and Fiance

The Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office has confirmed the identity of the second person who died in a fatal fire at Medina’s Body Repair in Milford, IN, on February 13, 2014.

Investigators say the fire was accidental, and traced the source of the fire to faulty wiring for a ceiling light.

Analu Nunez died from smoke inhalation, according to Kosciusko County coroner Michael Wilson.

Nunez’s fiancé and shop owner Jose Medina has been confirmed as being the other person who died in the fire. Medical examiners determined that he died from smoke inhalation.

The call originally came in around 7:22 a.m. when someone leaving work down the street saw smoke and flames and called 911. When crews arrived at the scene, they saw heavy smoke coming from the front of the body shop. After surveying the scene, crews saw the roof was sagging and the front wall was pushing out, so they fought the fire from the outside.

Read 431 times