Electronic Conference Brochure
To help reduce their carbon footprint, WIN created an electronic version of the conference brochure.
Most Influential Women Winners
- Frederica Carter, President of F. Carter Events, LLC (former Communications Manager at AkzoNobel)
- Jordan Hendler, Executive Director, Washington Metropolitan Autobody Association
- Leanne Jefferies, Director, Collision Programs, AIA Canada
Established in 1999 by AkzoNobel, WIN acquired stewardship of the MIW program in 2013.The inaugural MIW Gala Dinner and Award Ceremony will be held in conjunction with the 2014 WIN Educational Conference.
On March 27, 2014, WIN announced the 2014 WIN scholarship winners:
- College Student Tuition and Conference Scholarship: Stephanie Baker, who will be attending WyoTech in Blairsville, PA, and Suzanna Hernandez, who will be attending Southeast Community College in Lincoln, NE. Stephanie and Suzanna will each receive $1,000 to continue their post-secondary education in collision repair, a one-year WIN membership, plus registration fee and travel expenses to attend the 2014 WIN Educational Conference. In addition, they will have the opportunity to be mentored by winners of the 2014 Most Influential Women awards being presented at the conference.
- High School Tuition Scholarship: Danielle Caballero from Judson High School in Converse, TX, Megann Holbrook from the Center of Applied Technology in North Severn, MD, and Shelby Woods from the Moberly Area Technical Center in Moberly, MO. Danielle, Megann, and Shelby will each receive $1,000 to continue their post-secondary education in collision repair and a one-year WIN membership.
The newly-expanded WIN scholarships are made possible by the generous support of WIN sponsors, special events including the annual Scholarship Walk at the annual WIN Educational Conference, and sales of the “There’s A Place For You” recruiting poster.
"We believe that we have an obligation to support young women who choose to enter our industry,” said Beverly Rook, co-chair of the Scholarship Committee. “By offering tuition scholarships to further their education and having them mentored by other successful women in the industry, we feel that we are giving them a head start to a successful career.”
“I am honored to be recognized by WIN, and I am even more honored to be a member of this amazing organization,” said scholarship recipient Megann Holbrook. “With this association, I wish to make other women—not only working in the industry, but customers as well—more comfortable tackling this male-dominated industry and giving them the basic knowledge to excel themselves.”
WIN depends on the support and generosity of individuals and organizations in the collision repair industry. On April 1, 2014, WIN announced the 2014 WIN corporate sponsors
Gold Sponsors ($10,000)
AkzoNobel Coatings Inc.
Silver Sponsors ($5,000)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- The 3M Company
- Axalta Coating Systems
- BASF Corporation
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company
- PPG Industries Inc.
- State Farm Insurance
- Valspar Corporation
Bronze Sponsors ($2,500)
- ABRA Auto Body & Glass
- Allstate Insurance Company
- AudaExplore, a Solera Company
- The Certified Automotive Parts Association
- CCC Information Services Inc.
- FinishMaster Inc.
- Fix Auto USA
- Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc.
- MetLife Auto & Home
- Mitchell International
- Safelite Solutions
- Sherwin-Williams Automotive Finishes
- Sterling Autobody
“The importance of WIN’s mission to our industry is reaffirmed by the tremendous support we have received from our sponsors,” said Susanna Gotsch, chair of the Sponsorship Committee. “These sponsorships played a key role in our ability to expand our scholarship program in 2014, and extend our reach through programs such as the "There’s A Place For You" recruiting poster distributed to over 1,100 technical schools and colleges by the Collision Repair Education Foundation. We are extremely grateful for our sponsors’ support.”
New Board of Directors Members
On April 9, 2014, WIN announced that five new members were selected to serve on the WIN Board of Directors:
- Jaclyn Byers, Estimatics Team Manager, State Farm Insurance Co.
- Jessica Rob, Communications Manager / Online Web Communications, Akzo Nobel
- Marie Peevy, Owner, Automotive Training Coordinators, LLC.
- Nina Pedraza-Zinna, Director of Field Operations, SCA Appraisal
- Trish Gould, Controller / Human Resources, Keenan Auto Body
The WIN Board consists of various industry segments including collision repair shops, jobbers, suppliers, consultants, information providers, and insurance companies. Board members may serve up to two three-year terms.
“WIN is honored to have such outstanding individuals who are willing to share their time and talents on our Board of Directors,” said Denise Caspersen, chair of the Board Development Committee. “As an all-volunteer organization, WIN is truly a collaboration of our members networking our talents together to promote our success and the strength of women in the collision industry.”
New board members will be introduced and officially welcomed by seated directors and WIN members-at-large at the 2014 WIN Educational Conference.