The Collision Repair Education Foundation and AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings are proud to announce the winners of the new Sustainability Challenge Grant:
- Applied Technology Center (Rock Hill, SC)
- Cerritos College (Norwalk, CA)
- Gaithersburg High School (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Manhattan Area Tech College (Manhattan, KS)
- Northern Maine Community College (Presque Isle, ME)
Winners were selected based on their submitted proposals for applying continuous improvement and sustainability principles that improve the school body shop process or how the shop interacts and impacts the community. Each winner will receive funding to introduce their proposed idea into their school and report on the success of their project.
The program also provided a sustainability video series and other tools that served as a way to educate collision students about sustainability, its principles, and how to improve and make a positive impact on the environment.