The J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS) focuses on problems experienced by original owners of 3-year-old vehicles. Study findings are used extensively by manufacturers worldwide to help them design and build better vehicles—which typically retain higher resale value—and by consumers to help them make more informed choices for both new and used vehicles.
Problem symptoms are evaluated in eight vehicle system categories:
- The Driving Experience
- The Benefits
Study subscription will provide access to the tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the specific problems that owners have experienced with their vehicle and how this impacts their level of satisfaction.
Study information includes:
- The makes and models that are most trouble-free
- How vehicle problems experienced compare with owners’ expectations
- The inflsnce of problems on owners’ overall satisfaction with their vehicle
- The types of problems owners consider most bothersome
- Problems that have the greatest negative impact on loyalty
- Major components that are replaced during the first 3 years of ownership
- Diagnostic problem detail to help understand where and under which conditions problems may occur