On Oct. 2, a Texas jury found that John Eagle Collision Center’s improper repair was liable for the severity of the crash of a 2010 Honda Fit, awarding the injured couple $42 million in damages, but assigning 25 percent blame to the driver of the other vehicle, a 2010 Toyota Tundra, leaving the shop responsible for 75 percent of the couple’s injuries, and owing approximately $31.5 million under the verdict.
3M and 3M Innovative Properties Co. filed a lawsuit in the Western District of Wisconsin against China-based Thunder Finish Co. Ltd., alleging infringement of patent and trademark rights related to 3M’s PPS™ technology used in the automotive collision repair industry.
International Auto Crafters has been nominated by Verifacts Automotive for the Shop of the Year: Achievement in Collision Repair Excellence (ACE).
Mike Anderson of Collision Advice said his “Who Pays for What?” surveys continue to show that even when a significant percentage---or even a majority---of shops report routinely being paid for a particular "not included" operation, there can be many other shops not even putting it on their estimates.
The Automotive Service Association (ASA) and the Congress of Automotive Repair and Service (CARS) are proud to announce that the Wheat Ridge High School Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Team will open the CARS Grow Your Own Technicians program Friday, Nov. 3, at CARS@AAPEX Las Vegas, NV.
The Auto Care Association has announced the 2017 recipients of its Impact Award: Four for the Future, which annually honors four aftermarket professionals, age 40 or younger, who have made remarkable contributions within the auto care industry.
One year after the initial launch of the Society of Collision Repair Specialists' (SCRS) Career Center (www.scrs.com/jobs), the association announces that it will provide a 60-day window for SCRS members to post open positions on the local site for free.
The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) announced the fall schedule of career fairs that will bring high school and college collision repair and auto service students together with industry employers.
In partnership with the Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF), six collision repair students were awarded the Fix Auto USA-Tim Clark Memorial Scholarship.
The Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) is administering a new grant, “The Service King Way Grant: In Honor of Mario Malacara,” on behalf of Service King Collision Repair Centers.
Bill Hanvey, president and CEO, Auto Care Association, delivered a keynote presentation at the National PRONTO Association’s shareholders meeting in National Harbor, MD.
A vehicle is considered a total loss when the cost to repair it exceeds a percentage of its value.
Collision repair cannot start unless the estimator has earned the customer’s keys.